Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love the show and after gathering much vital information about zombies I have formulated what I think is a viable plan for hunting and dispatching zombies.

First off would be my choice of weapons. Since body hits are absolutely worthless and only headshots count I would forego all the heavy calibers for the venerable .22. Lightweight, easy to care, low recoil, and plentiful. My choice for a long gun would be something incredibly reliable, fast handling, and semi-automatic. I have an old Remington Nylon 66 and I've always thought what a great zombie killer it would make, but probably a Ruger 10/22 with extended 30 mags would be a better choice for quick reloads. For a sidearm I have a High Standard Sharpshooter that I can't miss with and is one of the most reliable .22 pistols I've ever owned. I love the simplicity of takedown with the tip off barrel! Now, I would carry a heavier caliber weapon also for dealing with the occasional "bad" survivors I came across, probably a .357 Mag that would give me some versatility, but my essential zombie guns would be .22's

Finally, for hunting zombies I would get a heavy pet carrier and place a boom box inside of it blaring at full volume and place it in an open area. Zombies, as we have learned, are drawn to loud noise, so I would set up at a safe concealed distance and plink zombie brains with my .22 rifle. If I were lucky enough to have sub-sonic ammo all the better, but if not I think as long as you spaced your shots you could "clean up" under the blare of the boom box.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
I would nuke them from orbit.
It's the only way to be sure.

:lol:​

I'm not sure "body hits" would be so worthless. "Kneecapping" them oughta work -- insofar as immobilizing them. OK, not really so practical and trickshooting is for circus performers, not diehard survivalists in a SHTF situation.

But a phased plasma rifle in the 40 megawatt range oughta work too.
:neer:

he he he....

Hey, gotta have SOME fun after that ***** SCOTUS decision last thurs!!!!!

·
Registered
814 Posts
Having read a great deal in the literature about the wounding effects of various calibers, I'm not all that enthusiastic aobut .22LR and the effectiveness on head shots.

Sure the Mossad used them to dispatch various undesirables, but they were wont to empty the entire magazine.

If you;'re at a distance, and concealed, time and recoil don;t really matter.

Put a good suppressor on a .223, and thus be certain each head shot will work.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Having read a great deal in the literature about the wounding effects of various calibers, I'm not all that enthusiastic aobut .22LR and the effectiveness on head shots.

Sure the Mossad used them to dispatch various undesirables, but they were wont to empty the entire magazine.

If you;'re at a distance, and concealed, time and recoil don;t really matter.

Put a good suppressor on a .223, and thus be certain each head shot will work.
Second Patrick on the .223/5.56 (although I don't own a suppressor). My 1911or Model 19 (maybe both) for secondary weapons. My AK clone would do in a pinch, and I have a bit of ammo for that stockpiled, too.

Tommy's idea of nuking them has merit...as long as they're a few hundred miles away and I am waayyy upwind of them. ;);)

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
The .22 LR will not reliably penetrate the skull and disrupt the entire brain, despite the 'bounce around effect.' the 50 gr HP in .223 is the minimum.
Geoff
Who is worried about the zoombie incidents in FL.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
I think that most of the folks who post on this board are well-prepared (armament wise) in case of a zombie apocaplypse. But has anyone ever wondered why the folks on The Walking Dead have never acquired a more effective armory than what they have?

They scrounge for food and supplies...why haven't they come up with at least a few AR's or AK's, decent sniper rifles, hell, maybe even an M-249 or ol' M-60?

Personally (and I am speaking strictly hypothetically here) if the zombies were to start taking over my little piece of the world, :eek:mg: I know and have access to a couple of armories that I would be hitting for supplies. Hell and a few car lots where I could shop for a good 4X4 or maybe even a Hummer. :cool:

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
I think that most of the folks who post on this board are well-prepared (armament wise) in case of a zombie apocaplypse. But has anyone ever wondered why the folks on The Walking Dead have never acquired a more effective armory than what they have?
Yep, and you'd think they'd have scored a few walkie talkies by now. My little community of 50 or so has access to far better resources than what we've seen our merry little band employ.

As for servicing zombie hordes en masse, I suspect a few properly bated camouflaged pits would do nicely. They'd check in but would probably be too dumb to check out.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Yes, they seem completely incompetent at scavenging.

I mean, show some creativity. Visit the local NG base. find a truckload of bouncing betties. Arrange them in a large field, set up a boombox at full volume, un-ass the AO, and watch the merriment.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
As for servicing zombie hordes en masse, I suspect a few properly bated camouflaged pits would do nicely. They'd check in but would probably be too dumb to check out.
Until the pits get full, that is... then they'd just stroll across the crowd's backs. What's the "Ongoing Containment" plan? Seems to me like a good time to bust out the flamethrowers...

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Until the pits get full, that is... then they'd just stroll across the crowd's backs. What's the "Ongoing Containment" plan? Seems to me like a good time to bust out the flamethrowers...
Dig a really big pit, or several, that's why we have backhoes.

But I'm good with flamethrowers... :)

And lime.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
I fired a flame thrower, back when the US Army still issued one. It was an intoxicating weapon, and not just from the fumes. Trouble is, a flame weapon is everybodies enemy.
Geoff
Who notes using it in combat can be difficult. Chesty Puller said it needed a bayonet, he was observing 20 seconds of fire and them you withdraw to refuel....if you make it.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Yep, and you'd think they'd have scored a few walkie talkies by now. My little community of 50 or so has access to far better resources than what we've seen our merry little band employ.

Hmmm...how about lining those pits with updated punji stakes? Maybe use 6 foot lengths of wrought iron fence posts, the ones with those barbed spear point heads? Set'em in some concrete. Once in a while dump in some flamable liquid and light it up. It's pretty much self cleaning!

Gosh, this is getting fun!

·
Super Moderator
13,173 Posts
You guys are taking mental masturbation to whole new levels....:ek:

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
to ALL,

personally, i prefer CLAYMORES, when it absolutely must "go away" NOW.

yours, sw

·
Super Moderator
13,173 Posts
to ALL,

yours, sw
Let me know when Walmart starts carrying them, and I'll stock up.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
to ALL,

yours, sw
Problem is only brain hits with enough power to disrupt the brain score a kill. Knocking apart the body only slows them down and makes the head shot easier.

Geoff
Who needs an AR pattern for the Zed problem here in FL. :rolleyes: Think the wife will buy that?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts