·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
7 Posts
Tiger stripe birch stocks

You might also take a look at this thread about some USGI M14 stocks for sale. I just bought one and am in the process of refinishing it.

Phillip did a great job of sending me pics of several to choose from, and he does a very good job of packaging them as well. I stripped it and its gonna look great once I sand it and oil it.

All of the metal looked brand new, there were very few handling marks and you can't beat the price!

·
Registered
129 Posts
The stocks on the referenced post on ar15.com look pretty good. I got a VG+ or an excellent birch from Fred (about $45 as I recall) and it is comparable in quality to most of those in the photo. Has a small amount of tiger stripe and the DAS cartouche, but very nicely finished and the metal is new. I just cleaned it with mineral spirits and 0000 steel wool and then re-BLO'd it and it looks great. I also ordered a couple of fiberglass stocks, one for a Norinco and one to camo when I take a notion. Good service from Fred.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bikecop... I checked the link,,, looks like this guy is real busy,,, I did drop him an email - we'll see. Freds looks like a good selection and from what I hear is good...

BTW, gpdude = thanks for the great info and call,, Looking forward to the range time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts