Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Three of my favorite performances from the new show X Factor (the new Simon Cowell singing competition).

First up, 14-YO Drew Ryniewicz, who does something absolutely amazing with the semi-annoying Justin Beeper pop song "Baby":

Drew Ryniewicz - The X Factor USA Auditions (Baby) Justin Bieber - YouTube

Next, 30-YO burrito cook Josh Krazcik, who came with his mother. You will not be expecting what comes out of him. Watch Simon turn from a snarky skeptic into a fan right before your eyes. (I think this guy might be the love child of Joe Cocker and Tony Bennett.)

Josh Krajcik - Audition 1 - THE X FACTOR 2011 - YouTube

Finally, 29-YO trash-hauler and recovering addict (70 days sober) Chris Rene, with a 100% original song. Absolutely amazing.

Chris Rene - Audition 1 - THE X FACTOR 2011 - YouTube

I hope you enjoy these as much as I did. :D

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
They were all great, Snake. But I gotta admit that Josh Krajcik absolutely ROCKED Etta James' "At Last". :rock::rock::bow:
I am kinda prejudiced since it is one of my favorite songs, but he took it and owned it.

Didn't you love how, when Josh said he was going to do "At Last", Simon looked at him skeptically and said "Oh, really?"

·
Super Moderator
13,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Didn't you love how, when Josh said he was going to do "At Last", Simon looked at him skeptically and said "Oh, really?"
Oh, absolutely. And remember, at that point, he just looked like some homeless goof who wandered in off the street for the free buffet. Took him less than two lines to completely own that song--and the whole joint--though, didn't it?

All three of those singers have made it to the top 32. It's gonna be an interesting show.

·
Super Moderator
13,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can I pick 'em or what? Two of my three candidates in the OP of this thread are now two of the three acts in next week's Grand Finale. Sadly, Drew didn't make it. She made Top Ten, but went out at #6 after singing everything in the same lovely, haunting way. Apparently the voting public eventually grew tired of her lack of versatility. But I'm sure she will still have a big career in music.

The third contestant in the Finale is Melanie Amaro, an amazing girl from IIRC the Virgin Islands on a talent level with Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey, Celine Dione, or anyone else you care to name. It's really a toss-up as to whether she or Josh will win. I'm pulling for Josh.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
You are The Man! :bow::bow::bow:

I'm pulling for Josh, too. He hasn't bothererd to glam up or even clean up a little :) since the first show. And he seems to put his all into every song he sings.

And ya gotta love a guy who loves his mom!

·
Super Moderator
13,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am REALLY amazed at how Chris Rene has improved. :eek:

After several lackluster performances at the beginning, I thought sure he would be gone soon, but there always seemed to be someone worse to vote off X-Factor Island and he always escaped. I don't think he ever even got in the Bottom Two. But Thanksgiving week, he really rallied with his mashup of the Beatles' "Let It Be" and his own original "Young Homie"--a remarkable performance--and he has been getting steadily better every week since. There hasn't been a single week since when I've said, "Yeah, Chris should finally go home this week." He has an original voice and I think he'll do well in the music bidness if LA Reid takes him under his wing (which he should).

Kinda sorry to see Marcus go (although someone had to). I don't think anyone has worked harder or been more of a pure entertainer. I never thought he could win the whole thing but I thought he might be LA Reid's last "boy" standing. I think he'll have a promising career in the bidness, too--maybe not as a recording star, but perhaps as a Vegas or Branson or cruise ship act. BTW, he was very, very gracious and humble in defeat last night, unlike at least four other contestants I could name.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts