Gunhub.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The boys (I have 5 sons) are totally sold on Off Roading now.
I think they will remember yesterday for the rest of their lives.
We went along some trails up into the Uintah Mountains and got up on top of the biggest one over looking Vernal. I don’t know the names of them or anything… but it was a hell of a climb. The boys were thrilled, a little scared at moments, and just having more fun than the last time they went to "Lagoon" a local theme park joint. At the top of the mountain, we all got out and stretched and walked around... they were in heaven... Gods on Olympus.
Any and all frustrations I had with the Bronco just became worthwhile at that point.
Couple of observations about the Bronco. It’s one hell of a good off roader. It really is. The size and weight gave it great stability. However there was one spot today when I got a little stuck for a minute had to rock my way out and go back down and pick a new line. That sucks. I need lockers and some tires that are a bit bigger and more aggressive. A couple more inches clearance would have been a big help too.
Oh, and a compressor to air the tires back up. I used to have some recovery gear, but I don’t know what happened to it. A big bar jack and a come-a-long and some tackle and shackles. I think I left it Orem, but I could have sworn I packed it up. I don’t know. I needed a new bar jack anyways, and to be perfectly honest – screw the shackles and come-a-long crap. I want a beefy Warn winch… but then again, who doesn’t?
There is a tow anchor that would be most helpful out here in the desert since sometimes you don’t have anything to hook onto to help you pull out.
But I think the first thing I need to really get are some lockers. Anyways. We had a hell of a good time today.
Today, we are going to hit a different trail. Nothing really harsh, but just enough to give the boys some thrills.

Yesterday was priceless.

·
Super Moderator
7,756 Posts
Five boys! How did you manage that? I am the only son of eight kids! (I'll be in analysis for years I'm sure). How old are your boys? Mine are nine and six.

Ed :roll:

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Let's see if I can remember all these numbers... from top down:
11, 7, 7, 6, 4.

:D

These are the reasons that I am frequently flat broke... and currently do not have my cars and bikes like I used to.
Before I got married... and I mean the day before, I had:
VW GTI
BMW 325i
T-Bird Super Coupe
Honda Magna
RD-400 DS
Next thing you know... I don't have one of them left.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Found another good use for the Bronco

[IMG=left]http://www.madogre.com/images/drivein.JPG[/IMG]
It's an ideal family drive in theater party wagon.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, and after the sugar buzz came the crash and they were all sleeping before the first movie ended. It was great.
It was a double feature, Garfield and Harry Potter. 10 bucks to get in, park, and enjoy it. After this pic was takin I had 2 other topless broncos pull up next to us. I should have taken a pic of it.

·
Super Moderator
7,756 Posts
I can't remember the last time I saw a working Drive-in...

Ed

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hadn't been to one is YEARS... The last one I had been to, the feature was the new Disney movie "The Blackhole".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts