Gunhub.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone using these? I'm wanting a fixed power, no frills optic for a "walking varminter" project in .223, but would like decent resolution at 200 yards or so. Budget from $100 to $300, any other suggestions?

Paladin

·
Registered
894 Posts
Ihave an old K$ or a 308, and a K12 on a 222---they are fine scopes if you cna find one of the older steel tube ones. Reliable, clear and a decent crosshair.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have several old Weaver fixed power scopes I have acquired used. Externally they show signs of much use, and they seem to have stood up well. They all still work as they should. For your purpose and the price range you mention, I think you won't feel the either a K4 or a K6 was a mistake, but I think I would choose the latter.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I have bought rebuilt American made steel tube Weaver scopes from the Weaver Scope Repair Service (WSRS), they do excellent work. They purchased all the scope equipment from Weaver USA and they also rebuild the old American made scopes.

W.S.R.S.
1121 Larry Mahan Dr.
Suite B
El Paso, TX 79925

·
Registered
9 Posts
You will not regret getting a Weaver K6 or K4 , the clarity of the optics in these scopes is equal to anything Leupold or Burris makes now, except for their high end scopes. That is saying a lot, I own Burris Signiture Series and had Leupold and Weaver K4 & 6.

I had mine rebuilt by Weaver scope repair service in Texas, they did an outstanding job. They put in new seals, recharged it with nitrogen and new glass. All equal to the original. The quality of the older no cost cutting Weaver scopes is equal to what you would spend $400.00 to buy new now from Burris or Leupold. they have top quality internal gears and other parts that give the desired repeatability of click adjustments.

Cheap scopes sold now have junky internal parts and will not give click adjustment repeatability, like when you click out 6, 12, 20, ect. click for elevation for hundred/s of yards greater distance , then count same clicks backing down eleveation to where you started. Cheaper scopes will still need firther click adjustments to get back to target center again.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I put weaver 4X scopes on a Ruger mini14 and mini30 and they work out well. Do not really need any more power and makes for a couple of fun guns.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts