Gun Hub Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have to tell you the obvious, so let's just lay out the facts:

(i) The Buffalo Bills, a team with a proud tradition, at 0-3;
(ii) The New York Jets, a team with a moment in history, a smelly tradition, and a record (3-0) we all know they have no business having;
(iii) The New York Jets, with their best blocker snapping with the wrong hand, because the good one is broken;
(iv) The New York Jets, with their best tackler out for several weeks, and who may never be the same;
(v) Check my comment in the "October Surprise" post, put up by another member on the political forum;
(vi) 0-3 teams with proud traditions are very angry;
(vii) 3-0 teams with nothing but a moment in history are being lulled into fooling themselves;
(viii) Curtis Martin, when healthy is one of the best pure running backs in football, and he's also on a pace to rush for 2,267 yards;
(ix) If you can read (viii) without laughing your head off, you have problems that even Jesus would have trouble solving;

WHEREAS, ERGO, AND SO, . . .

having built my case, bet the house, half the wife, the other half of the cat you bet last week on 3-13, because the magic stops here, the Jets are grounded permanently. Kevin Mawae's broken hand is paralyzed for life, and his arm, the one extending from the broken hand suffers breaks in four places on the Jets third play from scrimmage, as a career ending injury destroys the Jets hopes for this day and demoralizes them for the rest of the season. Santana Moss goes down with a horrible head injury. Although Moss will recover remarkably to play next week and be declared completely "normal" and healthy a week after that, this game signals the end of the Jets season and hopes.

Shades of 1986, only it starts this week, not in their 12th game. The snorting, stomping, stampeding Buffalo Bills thunder through the Jets today 43-10.

It was nice while it lasted. Oh, and Pennington throws four interceptions in only 18 attempts while Curtis Martin "gains" -2 yards in eight carries as the Jets roll up 45 yards of offense while letting up 457.

"Does Texas usually win?" :roll: :roll: :roll:

:D :D :D :mrgreen: :D :D :D

·
Registered
436 Posts
So, all that to say your Jets are going to lose, huh? Geez, how many cups of coffee have you had this morning? :shock:

:wink:

·
Premium Member
8,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
(i) Fell out during Heartland with John Kasich last night nearing 2100 hours, after heavy meal shortly after 1800 hours, followed by bourbon;
(ii) woke up around 2353 hours, stayed up all night, going back to bed soon;
(iii) due to being Lowon Cash (Johnny's lesser known brother), I have been stretching my asthma medication lately, stayed up and had two eight cup (Euro measure) Freedom Presses of coffee to offset burgeoning symptoms of above stated asthma, approximately one half gallon;
(iv) proceeded right into fifth tasting (standard two shots) of brand new bourbon, then one shot of newly cracked bottle of obscure Kentucky Pure bourbon, No. 12 on my Top 25;

and, to quote Bill Murray in STRIPES:

THAT'S THE FACT, JACK!!!!!

Bills 43, Jets 10

:D :wink: :D

·
Registered
436 Posts
:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
760 Posts
Texas DOES usually win.

Bloof:

On the other thread when I asked "Does Texas usually win?" I was referring to the annual Thanksgiving Game rivalry between Texas and Texas A&M

I looked it up. Texas does usually win; having won 7 of the last 10 years. The overall record ever since they started playing each other has Texas winning 71, losing 34 and 5 ties.

I also looked up the Texas and Oklahoma rivalry. In the overall series Texas has won 55, lost 38 and 5 ties.

Then I looked at the last 5 years. Oh my!

(Zero wins! :evil: )

------------------

Jets are ahead at the half today!

·
Premium Member
8,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OOPS!!!! That makes this even more humorous, but please remember while I'm explaining that . . .

I AM . . .

THE GREAT DUMBONI!!!

And there is no other. I thought you were talking about Texas-Oklahoma. In one of the greatest misunderstandings of all time (remember the "blond" factor), you have served me up with a great line, a line that as you probably noticed I have incorporated as my signature. Yes, my quest for a signature has FINALLY been fulfilled.

But one thing. Is that Texas-Oklahoma all-time statistic really correct? I was sure Oklahoma had won every game since 456 B.C.

:dunno: :duh:

·
Premium Member
8,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, but you know what I was feeling like after Buffalo's first touchdown, when I realized that they really were going to score another and go ahead???

:eek:mg:

I hate winning like this, but I have to admit, if you weren't a fan of either team, it was a great football game.

I think they had five sacks. They've credited Abraham with three and Vilma with one, but I thought I clearly saw Shaun Ellis get a solo sack, unless there was someone else in there I didn't see. I think they should revise that stat. I was sure Ellis got one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.