Gun Hub Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I can't get Portuguese surplus, Australian or Radway etc., and since I have a large supply of SRB-118, bullets , primers and some brass, I've decided to reload. I've ordered 2000 rounds of brass from Graf's and it's more than certain to be mixed military and commercial. Since it won't be one homogenous lot, as I've used in the past, I'll have to work up loads again. Followig Accurate Arms instructions to load military brass 12% reduced, I began to wonder about weight variation. I'd always heard that Winchester was light while Remington was close to military. Holy weight variation Batman! Winchester averaged 161 grains. Remington averaged 182 grains and military averaged 186 grains. Now my question to you guys who shoot mixed headstamps is, do you segregate the military from the Remington? Do you segregate at all? If you've tested this, how much variation in velocity? Have you noticed deviations in the norm or am I going to have to weigh 2000 rounds of brass. (I'm going to anyway). If you do weigh your brass, what weight variation do you accept? Thanks.

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
For plain old blasting ammo.. I don't bother about headstamps.. for HP shooting I do..LC brass only...only to keep it easy to keep brass sorted from other peoples brass on the line buring brass call...

·
Registered
700 Posts
Now my question to you guys who shoot mixed headstamps is,

If you want accuracy, do not mix. If you are plinking ...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts