Gun Hub Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd be the first one to post in this new location. Many of you know me from Battlerifles or other forums. I really enjoy 1903s but also M1s, M1917s and Krags. I'm always glad to help (and learn) and look forward to seeing my Battlerifles friends in this new spot. :D

Rick Slater
"Rick the Librarian"
[email protected]

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
Hey Rick, I posted this in another thread but I'll mention it here since you are a 1903 fan.

This month's issue of American Heritage has an article on the most overrated and most underrated. Some of the topics are Founding Fathers, Cocktails, Novelists, etc., but one that caught my eyw was "Firearm." The writer, Patrick Sweeney, states that the 1903 is the most overrated and the FAL in .280 the most underrated.

If you get a chance (shouldn't be too hard for a librarian) you should check it out. It's a very short article.

Ed

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Nice to be here - all I have is a 63 year old Mosin M38 in excellent rearsenaled condition that I am quite fond of. I want an FAL, and my wife wants an AK....now you see why I married her! When finances clear up I will get the AK, at least, as I have a deal working for another Mosin, this time a 91/30!

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
armoredman said:
Nice to be here - all I have is a 63 year old Mosin M38 in excellent rearsenaled condition that I am quite fond of. I want an FAL, and my wife wants an AK....now you see why I married her! When finances clear up I will get the AK, at least, as I have a deal working for another Mosin, this time a 91/30!
Aemoredman, You have your priorities right! Keep the missus happy and in turn I'm sure you will get that FAL!

Ed

·
Registered
319 Posts
armoredman, there is nothing wrong with a 63 year old Mosin M38. I have several of these fine old rifles and they all shoot well, as good as these 63 year old eyes can see anyway. I also have a few of the older Mosins, (as old as 1893) that still do a respectable job at the range. I do like the M1s and carbines and a 1903, '17, and a Krag are still on my list of wants, but the M1A is still my favorite hands down.

Bob K

·
Registered
454 Posts

Rick, good to see most of the knowledgable people will continue to use the site. I have gained a wealth of info on my m27, 91/30,m1917, 03a3,03, Garand, m14 and ar15 from here. Not to mention on reloading, ammo, etc. Thanks all. this new site does look better.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Alright, I have one problem already! BR was all guns, and my wife stayed away from it because of that. With all these new selections of forums which can actually interest her, we'll probably both be hanging out here, and I will be exposed to (gulp!) Quality Time! All joking aside, this is a cool website, and I'll be happy to be a part of it and show the current members of AB that we be OK!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts