Gun Hub Forums banner

Went to the gunshow today

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Diamondback 
#1 ·
Cal Expo gunshow in Sacramento. Decent show but parking and admission put you twenty-four dollars in the hole before you walk through the door so don't go looking for deals. Found a nice cache of M1 clips WWI Canadian manufacture.

The biggest disappointment was looking at a Garand that had been aggressively sand blasted, refinished and mounted in really beat up wood. A lot of the detail on the heel was scrubbed away but I could still read the seven digit serial number. 19xxxxx and the guy selling it had the chutzpa to claim it was a 1941 and was asking eighteen hundred for it. Springfield made about 450,000 Garands by the end of 1941. His rifle was made in the fall of 1943 assuming it wasn't a rewelded frankengarand.

Ammunition madness - Fifty round boxes of .22LR were being advertised for $12.50

#2 ·
Cal Expo gunshow in Sacramento. Decent show but parking and admission put you twenty-four dollars in the hole before you walk through the door so don't go looking for deals. Found a nice cache of M1 clips WWI Canadian manufacture.

The biggest disappointment was looking at a Garand that had been aggressively sand blasted, refinished and mounted in really beat up wood. A lot of the detail on the heel was scrubbed away but I could still read the seven digit serial number. 19xxxxx and the guy selling it had the chutzpa to claim it was a 1941 and was asking eighteen hundred for it. Springfield made about 450,000 Garands by the end of 1941. His rifle was made in the fall of 1943 assuming it wasn't a rewelded frankengarand.

Ammunition madness - Fifty round boxes of .22LR were being advertised for $12.50
M 1 clips ....WW1?:confused: Someone appears to have a time machine that they haven't been talking about . . . . . :rolleyes:

I'm sure the WW1 Doughboy would have loved the M1 Garand. :twisted:

And, yes, you do have to be careful about what people at gunshows tell you.

#3 ·
The Time machine isn't mine or else there would be no NFA and I would have simply the best collections of Military weapons the world has ever seen. Not to mention enough money to buy outright several major corporations and get them to support natural rights.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.