Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading a handgun magazine at work tonight, and a regular customer noticed it and mentioned he'd bought a S&W 500 on a whim, but was too afraid to fire it. Being as I regularly go to a range, he said he'd bring it in for me to try out at the range for him, and I can let him know if the kick is too much for someone his size. I don't know how I'm supposed to figure that out for him, but at least I get to take his gun for a spin. If only he'd be so generous with his daugher..... :twisted:

·
Registered
370 Posts
Reading a gun magazine at work????-------wanting to hose his daughter?????????A man after my own heart :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
reading a gun mag is perfectly OK. The daughter-- depends on her age...could be a good way to get neutered(sp). Also ok to order parts/ammo/guns at work.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
You should take him shooting with you. Serious shooters go out of their way to help another shooter. Daddy may just need a bit of encouragement. Daughters notwithstanding.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
divernhunter: Shes about my age, so no worries. :D

Sunray: Hes really not a gun guy at all, and I get the impression talking to him that he only buys guns to say he has them. I offered to take him to the range, but he didn't seem to interested in actually shooting the gun.

I actually rented the 500 today, and I'll go ahead and say that its too much gun for me. Its front heavy to the point of being ridiculous, and even using the "weak" 325 grain bullets, it was just on the brink of being uncontrolable. I can get the same groupings using the 500 at 7 yards as I can at 25 yards with the S&W 629. Plus, the ammo price is out of control. I'm definitely going to tell the guy to pick up some 240 grain bullets for it if he ever wants to hit anything, as all he has are some 440 grain monsters.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts