Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 20 of 190 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
O.K. I'll bite, no my dog bites, well whatever. Actually my dogs name is Keesha. She is part brown lab and chessy.She is a great bird dog. She only has one bad habit, she farts in the house and I think she has something realy rotten inside her when she does this. What makes matters worse is she then starts wagging her tail which has a windmill effect. She must have missed something at obedience school.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Two dogs, both Minature Dauschunds. One is a long haired named D'Arcy and she was abandoned by her previous owner who left her on a busy street with a dirty pillow and bowl of water. The other, Demi, is a shorthaired. D'Arcy picked her from a litter of pups at a friend's and brought her home.

Not long after D'Arcy came to live with me we had a very scary incident. One night, after returning from the range, I was sitting on my bed cleaning the handguns I'd used. I had four or five guns broken down and was watching tv and cleaning away. I'd do all the barrels, then the slides, finally the frames and wipe down the mags.

Suddenly we heard glass break in the livingroom and the door to the porch open. D'Arcy jumped off the bed and rushed barking into the living room. I frantically put one of my guns back together while calling 911 at the same time. There wer growls and the sound of things getting knocked over in the living room. I finally had a gun back together, slapped in one loaded mag left over from the days shooting and moved down behind the bed. I was just waiting for someone to come through the bedroom door.

Everything in the living room got quiet. I didn't hear anything from D'Arcy, no sounds at all. I had no idea what had happened and all I could do was call to her and hope the police arrived before I had to shoot somebody. Fortunately, they showed up almost at once.

D'Arcy, brave as a dog ten times her 11 pounds, was alive. That was good. But the scene was not something I'll ever forget.

Here is one of the crime scene photos. Warning, Graphic Content.

·
Site Founder
4,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pooter shooter – Our pooch has that same bad habit. He will silently let one loose and then have the nerve to look surprised and get up and walk out of the room.

jar – that is classic!

·
Registered
356 Posts
Great looking dog.

·
Site Founder
4,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you. We’ve managed to trace his lineage back five generations. His parents and grandparents go back to Germany and the Czech Republic. His entire lineage is in Schutzhund with his mom a Schutzhund I and his dad a Schutzhund III.

After I had him “fixed” I found out that he can’t compete in Schutzhund once he is “altered”. Recently I heard that they have changed the rules around. I hope so. I think he would excel in that sport.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Warning: Cat Person!

We have three cats, 2 males at 3 years of age, one female, 7 months. The males are bothers; Leo is a grey/black striped tabby (some brown & white thrown in, too) shorthair, Max is a black longhair. The female, Gypsy, is a calico shorthair. She is a real "purrball." She starts purring in high gear the minute you get close to her, and she switches to "hyper drive purring" when you pick her up.

Nothing quite as soothing, IMHO, as having a purring kitty asleep in your lap.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Three rescued shelter dogs here. Two are part American Staffordshire, one is part Norwegian Elkhound.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Large Boned German Shepard, Roscoe is 1 year old now and tips the scales at 115 all muscle.

Hoping that he gets the size of grand father, Duke who I had to put down about a year and half ago due to old age he was 13 years old at the time. Duke weighed in at 145 to 150 pounds in his prime.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Well, I've been holding off because my dog isn't very, ... well, she's not exactly a fierce creature. A little burnt blonde Shi Tzu. The biggest little brown eyes and the sweetest disposition ... well, there. I admit it. I love that little critter. She's not worth a damn thing but loving back. Spoiled. House dog. Completely spoiled rotten. When I come home from work, she just about has a stroke, she's so excited. Every day. 'Had a beautiful Alsation and loved him. 'Had a Boxer and he was a jewel. 'Had a Poodle that lived for nearly 17 years. But this one owns me. 'Don't know what I'm gonna do when I out live her, 'cause I know I will.

·
Registered
259 Posts
So, sensop, how do you REALLY feel about her???

:D :D

they do get under your skin, don't they?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Fred: "they do get under your skin, don't they?"

Yeah, and it can happen quickly too. I don't know what a psycologist would call it. Projecting? Personification? But I tend to "humanize" my animals. Always have. They pick up on your habits and body language ... pretty soon your communicating. Not as much as you may think, sometimes. Then again, more than you may think other times. :? I have no idea how much of that is in my imagination.

Maybe I'm getting soft in my old age. :eek:

:) :)

·
Registered
259 Posts
Don't know what a psychologist would call it, and don't care

all I know is that I pretty much feel the same way you do about them, and would rather talk to my dogs than some people I know. :)

1 - 20 of 190 Posts