Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
A double action revolver fired two shots negligently? At least according to the newscaster that's " What police believe happened." Like to be able to hear any sound. The picture is kinda blurred, but it appears in a couple of views that the hammer was cocked. Evolution in action?

Gotta give the clerk props for good reflexive actions.

·
Super Moderator
1,943 Posts
I saw this the other day on a different board. I have no idea what happened here. As soon as I saw Walt's post was just a link I expected to see this story.

·
Super Moderator
13,170 Posts
Charlie Petty said:
Isn't that a case of, "no harm no foul"? :wink:
Call me an old softie, but I just love happy endings.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I ran a S&W 629 using warm loads at an IDPA one time... I also had the pleasure of an unanticipated double-tap, so IMHO, it's quite possible.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Charlie Petty said:
So it is... but do we know what kind of gun was involved?
It appears to be a revolver, but the make is unknown.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Walt,

Not related to your post, but I have been trying to figure out what your Avitar is?
either a pilot centrifuge for the old Army Air Corps or a GI slot machine?????

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Luigi said:
Walt,

Not related to your post, but I have been trying to figure out what your Avitar is?
Actually, it's an old Optrel welding helmet; the tagline at the bottom describes the theoretical limits of my metal joining skills... :)

·
Super Moderator
13,170 Posts
Luigi said:
Walt,

Don't feel bad, you're not the first one who had to ask him what it is. :oops:

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Kevin Gibson said:
I've never had to ask...looks like an electronic auto darkening welding hood to me; is it not?
Correct, one of the very first.

I'm still using it.

·
Registered
5,678 Posts
I never plunked down for one even though you could always pick them up for around $100…which was really stupid because they are SO nice for doing fine detail welding. And one of the other reasons for never taking the plunge is because someone else was always willing to let me borrow theirs. When welding on guns, they are just plain indispensible.

So what kind of welder do you have at home? My neighbor bought a Hobart gas portable unit that’s pretty nice, but he only has a SMAW (stick) setup for it right now. I’ve done a good amount of welding with it for him (I’m a much better welder than he is). We’ve fabricated a roof/sun shade for his Kubota tractor, some hay feeders for his horses and some general around the farm welding. The nice part is, if I keep doing welding favors for him, I get to borrow his welder any time I like. Now if I can just convince him he needs a TIG setup.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Kevin Gibson said:
So what kind of welder do you have at home?
Since I run a welding supply outfit, I have numerous pieces of apparatus available for my use.

The only machine I actually own is a Thermal 95S stick \ tig unit. I usually keep it in the Jeep for contingencies.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts