Gun Hub Forums banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Dare I say, a Colt branded follow on to CZ autopistol technology could provide an interesting entry into the U.S. Law Enforcement and security market. A Colt nameplate to avoid the Rodney Dangerfield factor?

P.S. Imagine a .45 ACP version of the New or Classic Skorpion with a Forearm Brace.

CZ could also use some Colt tech, like the new manufacturing techniques that Colt has developed in the past ten years.

(Edit, Also - A Colt Nameplate might get more "Traditionalist" love for an entry into Autopistol competitions) - David

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Do any of the Industry Mavens know exactly what Colt still manufactures in the US of A? I believe the old Colt Canada had production facilities, but I don't know the current status, they had been producing rifles for customers around the world.
Geoff
Who notes the Canadians have some strange laws on military procurement, so does the US of A.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Colt's catalog is getting thicker and thicker; especially when you look at their "custom shop".

For regular production guns, I can think of two that seem like no-brainer's to me since they're already most of the way there. A blued Python, and a .22 Diamondback.

For the custom shop...
One "retro" 1911 Colt has never done are the pre-War Super Match guns...That would be a cool retro to make.
I'm sure the new owners & hopefully, new management team, will have some thoughts; typically CZ builds what the client base is interested in; I'm hoping for some SAA 5.5", B-CCH in 44WCF or .357 and a NM built along the lines of the 9MM & .40 Comp pistols but in .45ACP & SA, of course; none of that DA/SA stuff..

21 - 30 of 30 Posts