Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Shoot, boy, c'mon down hyar to th' south an' yew kin finds RC in jus' 'bout any country store....

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
An RC cola and a Moon Pie!

My teacher in a High School psychology class told us students that if we were blindfolded we wouldn't be able to tell different sodas, etc., apart. I said I could, no problem. So she set up a taste test with Pepsi, Coke and good ole RC (my preference at the time) and I aced it. She was impressed so I said "that's nothing, I can do the same thing with peanut butter." So the next day I did another blindfolded test with Skippy, Peter Pan and Jiff. Aced that one too.

Ed

·
Banned
3,118 Posts
We have an RC machine here at work --- Here locally, the RC bottler distributes RC, Canada Dry Giner Ale, Dr. Pepper, A&W Root Beers and Cream Soda, Sunny Delite, Country Time Lemonade, Diet Rite, Welch's Soda's, and Upper 10.

Mike

·
Registered
356 Posts
Had an ROCCokeCola on the way down from San Antonio today. But they didn't have any moonpies so I had to settle for a bean egg and cheese taco.

·
Premium Member
8,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:( :cry: :( :cry: :shock: :x :x :x

I guess all that's good and memorable left NYC around the mid to late 70's. Yup, that's pretty much when the music died for me, and so did a lot of the finer parts of our culture, and my opinion only means something to my cat and my Burmese python, and that's okay by me. I guess I'll have to take a train dow souf ta git me sum dat RC Cola agin, 'n' taste it agin fer the verry firs' tahm.

At least it still exists. Wonder if tastes the way it did when I was ten?

·
Registered
356 Posts
It looks like you might just have to take a trip back to the States and find out. I realize that living in a foriegn country like CA, NY, MA or IL is exotic, but it is also nice to come home every once in awhile. ;)

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Wail shutefahr, boy, if'n yer's gonna hav a RC, ya gots ta hav a Moon Pie with it! Now THAT'S Southron gormay food!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
8,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Actually, I no longer live in the city, but a little ways upstate, which means I still live in the USA, but I don't have a car yet, and haven't had a chance to explore my area, and the outer reaches of The Empire State. As a result, I'm still mostly familiar with NYC and its culture, and all those good things like RC Cola and ice cream vending machines went out with Lawrence Welk.

·
Premium Member
8,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, if I ever get my life together and get a car, first I'll check over my way, and if I don't find it, look out, I'm headed your wayyyyyyyy!!!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts