Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.....to the EOTAC forums?? They used to be THE go-to forums and now one sees the same postings in the same place for days/weeks at a time. Does no one have anything new to post or has everybody gone to the other forum sites? Just curious.
Jon

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
I don't know Jon. It seems that we lost a few posters with each ownership change. I originally signed up when it was the old Battlerifles site, then it went to Amback, and now Eotac. I guess some people just don't make the jump.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I joined it too when it was Battle Rifles. I think you're right about losing membership with each change. On a personal note, I know I can always count on you to be there for us. Thanks, JAS
Jon

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
JAS said:
I don't know Jon. It seems that we lost a few posters with each ownership change. I originally signed up when it was the old Battlerifles site.....
I also joined when it was Battlerifles. I was trying to find info on an M-1 Carbine I inherited from my father over the internet and one thing led to another and I wound up there. I will say I was a tad chagrined at the changes ... I think something in us dislikes change. We like what we're used to. But I like the results, having stayed here. I have joined a number of other forums. But Eotac is sort of like "homebase" to me.
It's sad to think people would leave because of changes. But I guess it's what's happened.
But, Eotac is still a great place! :wink: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
I started on the old Prodigy Shooting Sports BB. I sort of migrated here. I still think this is the best board. I think it's great to have the likes of Charlie, Mas, and others here answering questions and offering advice. What a wealth of knowledge! I would like to think most guys are out shooting rather than lurking here. After all winter is over.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
It may be that 'old-timers' felt as if they've discussed everything here that can be discussed, and have moved to newer (well, different) fora.

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
I think you will find that forum participation has been down across the board for a while now. Forums like EOTAC with less tolerance for noise are affected even more so.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
SpecialEd said:
I think you will find that forum participation has been down across the board for a while now. Forums like EOTAC with less tolerance for noise are affected even more so.
I find that my own browsing is down overall; I check in on my favorite sites, but I'm not spending the time surfing the fora I'm a member of that I used to...then again, that's not entirely a bad thing. There's that thing called life, after all!

·
Registered
361 Posts
I have followed this since the BattleRifles.com. As for this particular subject on the forum there are less M1s at the CMP and those there are post war (WW2) with little collector interest. Oh by the way the CMP has AP from the early/mid 50s on sale.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
P5Guy,
And THIS has what to do with the initial posting question?? Nothing was mentioned about either store or stock on hand. Methinks you need to read the question carefully.
Just my $.02
Jon

·
Registered
819 Posts
Well it seems alot of the key posters have went elsewhere. Hawk and Six went off to found The M14 forum ,Brian Webb went off to found Warrifles, Vanhaner went off and founded riflecompany.com, Warbird went off and has his own forum, CMP forum came to life,Jouster went to the wayside and became something else.
There is no 1 best forum anymore , I do miss those old battlerifles days ,what a wealth of knowlege that it was in its heyday !

·
Registered
361 Posts
Well this is a Garand topic board? And no one is doing new posts? And traffic has nearly stopped?
These were the questions, no?
The collectors have all gone, because there are no more rifles of collector interest. The board owner has removed the Bolt Battle Rifle topic. Rick the Liberian is gone.
None of the old posters have anything new to add. Obviously neither do I.
I guess everybody knows everything they need to about the M1 rifle?
SeYa P5

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Patience. At some point, a new generation of shooters will discover these classic arms, and will come here for enlightenment and instruction.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I am an old 'Battlerifles' guy, also. Met many great students of the M1 & M1 Carbine there. I still contact a few for advice, insights etc. Guess that all things change.

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
When you were on the internet in the early years everything discussed was new and the fact that you could interchange with somebody thousands of miles away in seconds was amazing. After years of doing this, one gets used to it and it becomes just another common function.

Many are no longer enjoying the internet, which means it has gotten "old" in their minds. Same goes for message boards. Most of them have the same results. Most of the old timers just drop by occasionally and very few new people are interested.

The CMP board is an exception because of the connection with purchasing their items. They have done a good job of promoting their products which helps their board.

I still like the old time boards, it just that I rarely see anything of interest posted on them. Not the boards' faults, it is a reflection of time.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
I think Bill is spot on. I have noticed a decline in posting on not just firearms related boards but boards in general. I have a few that I check on a regular basis. This one in particular.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts