Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for 7.62 ammo. I have one M1A with a USGI barrel and one LRB with commercial barrel. I would like some good ammo...where do you guys buy your stuff?

Also, where is a good place to buy 10 round mags?

Thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
Fulton Armory and Springfield Armory both sell 10rd mags right on their websites. As far as ammo I don't have any answers for surplus ammo but I buy my blackhills match ammo from Fulton. Hope this is some help for you. :D

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
http://www.eliteguns.com/index3.html

The 10 rounders they sell are made by CMI - Check Mate Industries (current manufacturer of U.S.G.I. 20 round mags for Uncle) complete 10 rounders for $16.95

I have several of these and they are great mags. The closest thing you are going to find to a "U.S.G.I." 10 round mag (exact same construction method/materials as their Govt. production 20's). The 20 round mag bodies they list on their site are old stock BRW-S1 bodies.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Ditto re CMI 10 rounders from Elite. That is where I got mine. All I really use in my M1As are 10s. I've never had one cause a jam in a couple thousand rounds. Sleek, balanced, all you really need is 10 if you are aiming anyway :wink:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ammo/mags

thanks guys...I just ordered from Elite... I have 8 10 rounders on there way to me.

What about ammo. Is .308 ok. My M1A with the USGI barrel I was told to only shoot 7.62? I do not have the head space gages to check...where would I get 7.62 surplus?

·
Registered
211 Posts
I think SA is the only bet right now. Good link from Jason. I've not been able to get much better than 2.5-3.0 MOA out of any SA. This includes my Barnett barrel M25 clone that shoots sub moa with Portugese 81 FNM. I wish I had another couple crates of FNM. Sigh.
[IMG=left]http://members.cox.net/waa135/m1aetcall.JPG[/IMG]

·
Registered
60 Posts
Nice sticks airbiscuit! my national match barreled M1-A gets 1.5 moa from the bench with the SA. I was pleasently surprised by that cause I heard it was not that great of stuff accuracy wise. I agree I wish I would have bought more portugese 2-3 years ago when sportsmens guide had it cheap, like a fool I burned it up in my 1919, sigh also.

Jason

·
Registered
15 Posts
Echo Grunt said:
http://www.eliteguns.com/index3.html

The 10 rounders they sell are made by CMI - Check Mate Industries (current manufacturer of U.S.G.I. 20 round mags for Uncle) complete 10 rounders for $16.95

I have several of these and they are great mags. The closest thing you are going to find to a "U.S.G.I." 10 round mag (exact same construction method/materials as their Govt. production 20's). The 20 round mag bodies they list on their site are old stock BRW-S1 bodies.
I have bought a number of 20 rounders from Elite. Real nice mags with BRW marked bodies. Alot of people have inquired about the springs and followers. Are you saying that the springs and followers are supplied by CMI?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts