Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...do I have to log in every time that I click a link in an e-mail alerting me that there has been a new reply in a topic I'm following? This occurs consistently even though I click to box to be logged in automatically each time I visit.

It does not occur if I make a routine visit, starting at the main forum page but it occurred again, to post this query, even though I had just logged in seconds earlier, to view the reply to the topic.

This does not seem to be a matter of user error. :x

·
Super Moderator
13,172 Posts
"Doctor, it hurts when I do this."

"Don't do that."

I have the "View posts since last visit" page set up as my homepage here, and just refresh it each time I visit. I NEVER pay any attention to the email notifications of reply, and delete them immediately.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Snake45 said:

"Don't do that."
Are you a certified Microsoft engineer?

"Gunsmith, if I shoot my 1911 to slide lock, I have to re-engage, then disengage the thumb safety in order to fire the first shot after loading the new magazine."

"Don't shoot to slide lock."

·
Super Moderator
13,172 Posts
spwenger said:
Snake45 said:

"Don't do that."
Are you a certified Microsoft engineer?
No, just a Rodney Dangerfield fan. (Or was that an old Henny Youngman joke? I can "hear" each of them doing it.) :thumbsup:

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
The only time that happens to me is if I already have a forum window.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I never have to log in. IT logs me in everytime I visit.

Isn't there a box that says, "Remember Me" that can be checked to log you in each visit?

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ExSarge said:
Isn't there a box that says, "Remember Me" that can be checked to log you in each visit?
Yes (actually it says something like "log me on automatically") and I put a check mark in it every time I follow a link from an e-mail alerting me to a reply to a thread to which I have "subscribed." That box works as far as returning to the main forum page but not in response to the e-mails.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts