Gunhub.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the overall opinion of this shotgun? Is it as durable/reliable as the Remington 870 or Mossberg 590?

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
I have never had a problem with mine. It is a cheap defensive weapon that works well for what it was designed for (self defense). I keep mine on a boat in the gulf. If it is stolen or falls over board I am not out alot of money.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Like all American made pump guns, the Defender will do anything you might need a shotgun to do.
They are very durable, and quality is good.

While both the Winchester and Mossberg are excellent guns, for sheer durability and longevity, the Remington 870 is tops.
However, few shooters will ever shoot any of these guns enough to detect a difference.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Its an OK shotgun--very utilitarian and reasonably priced
My only gripe with mine was a lack of pizazz My father is a lot less picky, so he has it now. Bottom line is it works and you can count on it to keep working

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I wouldn't say it as good as a Remington.

However, it is a good, durable shotgun, especially when you factor in the

price.

If you can, invest a few more dollars and get the Remington HD model.

It only has a four round mag tube but you can have someone, even

yourself, remove the limiting tab on the muzzle end of the tube to

increase the capacity to six or seven rounds.

Good luck.

Mike.

·
Registered
203 Posts
i had one that i traded to a friend and later got an 870 , im personally more fond of the rem, but the win is an excellent gun. the model i had , had a 7 rnd mag, i added a 3 rnd ext ...........thats a lot of 00 buck :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts