Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Woman opens fire on intruder
A man is wounded as she defends her home with two handguns.
<snip>
Firing nine rounds from two handguns, a 53-year-old Rancho Cordova woman fended off an intruder Thursday night after he crashed through her sliding glass door.
<snip>
"It was one of those nights. I have a few holes in my glass out front," Carolyn Lisle said Friday.
<snip>
"I was trying to miss my furniture. Priorities, right?" Lisle said.
Go here for the rest of the story.

Notice the comment made by the armed neighbors coming to her aid. Sounds like a good neighborhood to me!

·
Premium Member
6,935 Posts
RAJ said:
Notice the comment made by the armed neighbors coming to her aid. Sounds like a good neighborhood to me!
Seems like better neighbors than guests!
When the intruder shattered the glass, Lisle's three guests fled from the house.
Kinda like that ol' Lenny Bruce monologue, "Haulin' ass to save ass!"

Jeez Louise, I couldn't believe that this was California&#8230; 'til I got to this part:
Studies done to determine whether gun ownership deters crime have only stirred more controversy because of the way statistics are gathered and analyzed, and the way people recall their experiences, said William Vizzard, chair of the criminal justice department at California State University, Sacramento.

"We tend to see ourselves as heroic rather than idiotic," said Vizzard, who is also a 30-year law enforcement veteran.

Vizzard, who has studied major research and written on gun issues, said two of the most prominent surveys differ dramatically in results, showing anywhere from 150,000 people a year to 2.5 million who claim success in thwarting crime with a gun.

"The answer is, no one can say for sure at the end of the day that the presence of a firearm doesn't increase your risk of getting injured, nor does it reduce your risk," he said.
O, yeah&#8230; that's California!

Aside from the intimations of "spray 'n' pray," good work, lady!

·
Registered
455 Posts
"We tend to see ourselves as heroic rather than idiotic," said Vizzard, who is also a 30-year law enforcement veteran.
Are we talking about defensive gun usage or the Democrat primary, here?

·
Registered
346 Posts
You're actually talking about the Sacramento Bee, owned by McClatchy Newspapers.
Very innovative with products and marketing, but also incredibly liberal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts