Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'd rather have this. :wink: (Not to mention the budget required to operate it)

[IMG=left]http://www.amback.com/images/uploaded/bb64.jpg[/IMG]

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi all. First post here but I frequent many boating forums. Just found this site searching for bloofington who used to post at Cigar Aficionado online.

Just being on the water makes you a true boater. If you are into the sport and all it entails, you are part of the fold. Being a true boater ain't easy..... :wink:

This is what I use..... :D

[IMG=left]http://pic3.picturetrail.com/VOL14/877179/1839535/55514516.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG=left]http://pic3.picturetrail.com/VOL14/877179/1839535/21852870.jpg[/IMG]

·
Banned
3,118 Posts
Cigar,

What kind of boat is that?? Brand, Length, Model???

I have a 1995 Rinker Captiva 232 open bow, but I have been trying to sell it. Because of pregnancy and small kids, it has not been out of storage in 3 years. And, with the way it has been going, I doubt I will get it in the water any time soon. I also had 2 Sea Doo's that I already sold for the same reason.

Mike

·
Registered
79 Posts
mikegunner

Chaparral 205SSe Cuddy. 21 ft with a 260hp Volvo Penta SX outdrive spinning a Rapture SS wheel. Fun boat, bought it new in 2000.

Your Rinker Captiva 232 is a nice boat, I prefer the cuddy (stabbin' cabin :p ) version. Same boat though.

Thanks for the warm welcome Fernando. This looks like a great site. Hope I can contribute some.

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
Looking for Bloof... Does he owe you money? :twisted:

·
Registered
79 Posts
SpecialEd said:
Looking for Bloof... Does he owe you money? :twisted:
Actually - I probably own him a drink! I post at CA online as Chaparral Man (Cigar Man was taken - go figure..... :lol: ) and he sent me some fine sticks once. Loved his little 'dissertations' on lifes finer things..... (hick) :D

·
Banned
3,118 Posts
Cigar- -

I looked at the Chaparrel boats when I was shopping --- I got the open bow because in 1996 my wife (Ex now) would not fit into a cuddy!! We got the Rinker because it was a leftover 95 model that they made us a fantastic deal on.

Ours has a 5.7 275HP Mercruiser with Alpha 2 drive (dual conter rotating props). Book on it now is around $12,000 and I am asking $10,000 for it --- and it has a brand new motor with less than 2 hours on it. I have not tried real hard to sell it, but if someone comes up with the $10G --- it is theirs!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
So where did you boat? We try to get to Lake Powell in southern Utah as much as possible. Powell is a fantastic place for all sizes of boats, but it can get hairy with the wind and large cruiser wakes. Memorial Day and Labor Day weekends are a friggin' ZOO at Powell every year.

Halls Crossing is one of my favorite ‘put in places’, good ramps and decent facilities/marina. Just a few minutes across Bullfrog Bay Marina, and is a good approach from the south for my contingent from ABQ. Wahweep Marina at Page AZ at the far west end is a major rough water trip from Bullfrog (like 90+ miles of serious chop), but a guy with a boat that can handle the chop might be up to it. Hite Marina (far east end and at the mouth of the Canyonlands river feed) is just too small and probably too low now to even consider. Last I heard it was closed and GONE! :(

I rarely make that drive to Page, as I seem to play around the Escalante Canyon area more often than not. One of my favorite canyons, Llewellyn Gulch about mile marker 69, was so low last spring it was basically unusable. Real shame.... some great smooth ski water in there most all of the time, even when the main channel is whitecaps. And usually a few huge sandy beaches for shore camping. :)

·
Banned
3,118 Posts
We are at the origination of the Monongahela River which is the only navagible north flowing river in the US, and one of only 3 in the world. I used to boat on the Mon, but it is very shallow and with such a large boat, it is not that much fun to run on. The prior 3 years of actual boating, I had a slip on Cheat Lake outside of Morgantown, WV.
Living in the mountains with a 5400# boat, it is smarter to dock somewhere than to attemp to travel w/boat. I blew an engine in a 96 Jeep Grand Cherokee from to much towing.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I bought a leftover Baja 18' bowrider back in '87. It had a 140 Merc I/O which was pretty quick. I was lucky, I lived on Jamaica Bay and my neighbor let me use his dock for free. :) I bought the boat at the boatyard he worked at. A case of beer and a bunch of blueclaws once in awhile and he was a happy man. :D I sold it to a neighbor's kid and he might still have it.

I live about an hour or so from Lake Wallenpaupak in the Poconos and a guy I worked with on Rikers has a house there. He keeps a pontoon boat so I looked at boats and marinas. Too much work for me now for the travelling etc. If I lived right on the water I would probably get something like a 22' cuddy. Used (barely) boats are cheap.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts