Gunhub.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if this is goning to work or not but here goes. I am going to try to post an attachment of a MS Excell spreadsheet. The spreadsheet contains pictures from movies and the idea is to guess the movie..

The faces arms and legs have been removed and all you see are the clothes and the backdrop. Trust me when I tell you. It is hard.

Type in the name of the movie in the space provided and it will tell you if you are right and keep your score. If you are wrong, you can delete it and try again.

Oh, and make sure you type it in correctly, including "the's, ands,
etc." No abbreviations either, type it in exactly as it was in the
original movie title.

Ed

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Errata

BTW, I just realized that #63 has a typo...

·
Registered
149 Posts
This is harder than I thought. Some jump right out at you, but others are downright impossible.

I am up to 41 of them. And I consider myself a movie guru.

Any chance you are going to post the key to this? I am curious to how stupid I am. :D

·
Super Moderator
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alarmed, send me a PM with your email address and I will send it to you. That is if you can receive an attachment that's about 700k in size.

Ed

·
Registered
183 Posts
OK... Enough!!!

This is great Ed!

Even though I really like movies and have watched and purchased many VHS (200+) & DVDs (100+) over the years I still don't consider myself a cinema guru. I'm more of a couch potato that doesn't like what's on TV most of the time and if I'm not out shooting or fishing with my kids or following Mrs. Nemo at some shopping mall, most likely I'll be watching a movie.

Anyway, I gave your spreadsheet a shot and got the poor score of 33/72. Same as alarmed I would like to see the key. Feel free to e-mail it.

These are the ones I got right:

1, 2, 5, 8, 9, 10, 11, 15, 16, 18, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 33, 42, 43, 44, 47, 51, 54, 55, 60, 61, 64, 65, 66, 70, 71, 72.

How many did you get? Thanx for the cool trivia!

Cheers,

·
Super Moderator
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nemo, I got 36. I could say I "only" got 36 but I think half is pretty good. I haven't seen many "popular" movies. My tastes in movies, tv, music, etc., while eclectic have never been middle of the road.

Ed

P.S. Check your email

·
Super Moderator
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nemo, your email address isn't posted... :?

·
Registered
149 Posts
These are what I got: 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 15, 16, 18, 21, 24, 25, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 38, 42, 43, 44, 46, 47, 51, 54, 55, 59, 60, 61, 65, 66, 67, 68, 70, 71, & 72.

And I am pretty sure as to what 63 is.

·
Super Moderator
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Why didn't I think of this before?

Here is the answer key:

Ooops! Changed my mind. If anyone wants the answers I will send to their personal email.

Ed

·
Registered
149 Posts
Now I do feel stupid. I should have known at least 10 more of them.

A few I have never watched, & at least 4 or 5 I had never heard of. :roll:

·
Registered
183 Posts
well...

There are 11 movies that if I ever heard of them, I totally forgot. Then, as well as Mr. Alarmed, I should kick meself in the aft for not getting some of them right.

I tried number 59 three ways and got wrong every time but was referring to the right movie... :x

Thanx again!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Re: well...

Nemo said:
There are 11 movies that if I ever heard of them, I totally forgot. Then, as well as Mr. Alarmed, I should kick meself in the aft for not getting some of them right.

I tried number 59 three ways and got wrong every time but was referring to the right movie... :x

Thanx again!
I knew that movie, I just had to find the right combination. Number 50 I knew also, but I never got the puntuation right.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts