Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody tried or used this stuff? Walmart had plenty of it last week and the price wasn't bad. Thinking of trying some in my Polytech M14S.

I understand it's made in Turkey.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Snake I have never tried it but let me relay abit of advice a fella who wrote about ammo for some gun mags "if you would not drink the water in that country don't buy the ammo".Now when he he made this comment S.African was hitting the markets hard at the time and his complaint was the brass was not uniform in weight and I would suspect thickness thinking back now.He said the brass was one of those things that was subjugated to uniformity more so than anything else in the process and the S.African stuff was screwing the pooch in that area.It seemed like wise advice and I have followed it ever since.One would drink the water in Turkey before some parts of Africa but maybe not with a totally clear conscience.:?

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I bought 4 boxes of it to do drills with my SOCOM16. It worked fine. I understand the factory is a standard supplier for NATO Forces.

·
Super Moderator
13,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Saw it at Wally's again today--$9.95 for a box of 20. Not a bad price by today's standards. I might have to try a couple boxes of the stuff.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts